- Builders and Remodelers Association of Greater Boston PRISM Award Best Multi-Unit For-Sale Community Detached Home, 2015
- International Property Award Best Residential Development Americas, 2015
- NAHB Best in American Living Best Project in North Atlantic Region, 2016
- NAHB Best in American Living Best Residential Community with under 100 homes, 2016
- NAHB Best in American Living Community of the Year, 2016
- Professional Builder Gold Award for Production Home Under 2,000 SF or Modular Homes, 2016
- Professional Builder Gold Award Community, 2018
After years of zoning restrictions that actively discouraged the classic Cape Cod cottage community, Heritage Sands was built as the first new seasonal cottage neighborhood on the Cape in several decades. Sixty-three cottages, each with no more than a 900-square-foot footprint, were designed around a series of linear courtyards that bring access and views to the water through the community. With the cottages fronting these interlinked greens and parking arranged to the rear, the focus is on the community spaces and the natural amenity of the seashore.
Capturing the spirit and borrowing from the patterns of historic cottage communities next door, Heritage Sands offers a new generation the opportunity for a summer Cape getaway where beachside memories can be made. In addition to establishing the pattern for a new type of housing option in the Cape, the project was also an environmental win. It converted a former beachside trailer park with open cesspools and eroding edges into a modern cottage neighborhood with advanced septic and stormwater management that work to stabilize the land and improve the water quality along Cape Cod’s fragile coastline.