Baseball legend Satchel Paige offered the following 6 tips on “Staying Young”:
1. Avoid fried meats which angry up the blood.
2. If your stomach disputes you, lie down and pacify it with cool thoughts.
3. Keep the juices flowing by jangling around gently as you move.
4. Go very light on the vices, such as carrying on in society. The social ramble ain’t restful.
5. Avoid running at all times.
6. Don’t look back. Something might be gaining on you.
Union Studio offers an additional 4 tips on “Staying Fulfilled”:
1. Seek creative, civic-minded clients who recognize what a contribution to the community even the smallest building can be.
2. Base new work firmly on the best traditions, crafts and practices.
3. Be true to the client and their goals; let originality take care of itself.
4. Love what you do and let all your work reflect it.